This section of our website lists some of the current opportunities for you to get involved
- HELPERS NEEDED! – Our Friday Toddler Club is doing so well, we need more helpers! We now have 30+ Toddlers and Mums/Nans/Dads etc coming; this has been a great welcome to Christ Church for several mums. We are looking for two more helpers. This is to welcome and chat with mums, help put out craft things and snacks etc. We meet 10.00am -12.00 on Fridays during the school term and have a lovely time together. If you would like to know more, see Nicola Binks or Tim Lee
- Want to be a Baptism Partner? During the course of a year, as a church, we meet and spend time with a good number of families who are enquiring about a family member being Baptised. Last year, our Baptism preparation mornings were well attended, and as a result 22 individuals were baptised at Christ Church during 2016.When meeting with families, I have on occasions sensed a natural opportunity, for a member of our Christ Church family to become an informal partner or sponsor to them. The idea of sponsoring a Baptism family, would in practice be quite simple and effective; a link between sponsor and family would give an opportunity for someone like you to keep the family in your prayers before and after the service, to pass on the lighted candle to them at the end of the service, and to sponsor the Bible which we give to the family.The idea is a simple one and another way of making our welcome more personal, If this is something which you would like to get behind going forward please simply complete the contact us form on our contact us page. Many thanks
- Christ Church is now open every Thursday morning 9.15am to 12.30pm when anyone is welcome to come and use the church for prayer and quiet reflection, to stop by for coffee in the centre or to find information about our Church, Baptisms and Weddings etc. Please feel free to come along!If you would like to be part of the rota to keep this a weekly fixture, please contact Rev’d Rob
- Brentwood Foodbank URGENTLY Need washing up liquid, washing liquid, soap, shampoo / conditioner, deodorant, rice pudding, sponge puddings, cold meat (not corned beef), tinned veg (not sweetcorn, peas or carrots), sauce (tomato / brown), savoury snacks, long-life milk, toilet rolls, instand mash, pasta, cooking sauces, tea/coffee/hot chocolate, jam, sugar. Parcels are distributed to single people, couples & families deserving of our help and really appreciate there are people who care about them.
- Kidzone needs you! – Have you ever thought about helping out with the children’s work at Christ Church? Kidzone is looking for more leaders to join the team. Each leader only has to run one session for one small group of children, once per month. There are currently 4 groups – preschool (3-5), infant (5-7), junior (8-10) and senior (11+) but without more volunteers we will not be able to continue to provide for every group. We work from the Scripture Union materials which has a variety of craft, game, discussion and story based ideas for you to choose from. If you might be interested or would like to try and see if it is for you then please talk to Ian or Ginny or one of the other leaders.
- A simple way for tax-payers to add a quarter to the value of your donations to Christ Church: use GIFT AID! You can do this if giving by standing order or through the weekly envelope scheme or for ‘one-off’ cash or cheque donations. Simply put your money into one of the envelopes in the pews, and fill in the details, which are only seen by our Treasurer Janet Bland. You will find a pen in the pews! Thank you so much!
- Just a reminder – when using the Church and hall facilities, please advise Simon See when you use up any items so that these can be replaced in time for the next user. Many thanks.